Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Bigger Picture

There are a lot of fitness people being really harsh about weight loss drugs right now. They keep talking about how people aren't doing the 'hard work' to lose weight because they have this drug doing it for them.

I don't argue with people on Facebook, mostly because you can't change their minds.

I've been taking this shot for almost a year. In that year, I have significantly restructured the way I eat. I have cut a lot of things. I faithfully keep a food journal. I keep another journal about my mental state. I weigh myself once a week. I keep a chart of my weight loss. I actively discuss my food choices with my roommate and we make plans for meals. 

In other words, I have made significant changes in the last year. I have made changes that people tell you are needed for actual sustainable weight loss. 

I would not have made any of those changes if I wasn't taking the shot. The shot has helped me to not be hungry every second of the day. It's helped me to view food in a different way. It's helped me to gain some sane perspective on what is going into my body. I needed that and having been given that ability to NOT be hungry all the time, I CAN make all the changes needed. 

The shot doesn't mean instant weight loss. The shot doesn't mean you don't have to do the work. For many of us, what the shot does is give us the ability to make that work possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment