Hi there. You know how people warn you that you could end up some old lady with cats? They imply it's some kind of horrible fate. Well, as I am that cat lady, I thought I'd share some insights.
To begin with, never marrying does not mean being alone. For some reason, people seem to forget that friends, roommates, and other family members exist. You don't have to have a husband and your own children to have people in your life. There are plenty of ways for that to happen.
You get to live a life of quiet peace where you can pursue the things you wish to pursue. You don't have to plan things for other people or pause what you were wanting to do for other people or have your train of thought derailed by other people.
The best part, though? It's the peace of mind. It's knowing you never have to wake up and realize your husband has been drugging you and then assaulting you in your sleep. You never have to wake up and find out your son not only drugged and assaulted someone, but that he was the 5th man to do so, watched the horror of what happened to the person they were assaulting, and instead of feeling awful and putting a stop to it, he participated anyway.
See, that, at the end of the day, is the best part. While it is still possible something horrible could happen to me due to the decisions of another person, at least I am assured that it won't be people I trusted and maybe even loved.
I am free of that hell, and I am so deeply grateful for that.
So yeah. Choose the cats. Choose the dogs. Even choose the bear. Honestly, any option is safer.
Thursday, October 1, 2026
Cat Lady
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment