Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Progress on Projects

I wrote quite a lot this morning and sent pages to my partner on that story. I also did some plotting and set up a really funny scene. 

I finished the collage for my therapist.  I know some people don't see the value in art therapy. It honestly might not work for them. I, however, find it deeply satisfying. Even if it's just a matter of working visual layers on top of each other, I think the impact of the work is very gratifying. 

Maybe it has something to do with how my brain processes creativity and how it processes mental stress/pain/paranoia that makes the two not really able to exist at the same time. 

Or perhaps the part of my brain that is open to creativity is the same part that sometimes goes sideways and harms me. As long as I'm letting the inspiration flow and trusting it, everything is usually okay. Whatever I'm working on is usually better if I just let it go as it will. It's one of the reasons I hate it when people ask me tons of questions during roleplaying. Let it just happen. Don't try to shape it. And for fuck's sake, don't ask me to name everyone.  Hell, even in real life most people don't have names to me. Just vague descriptions. Surly Gaurd IS that dude's name, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment