Wednesday, April 19, 2023

The Change

Last week when my doctor's appointment was scheduled, I announced to my roommate that I would be walking the appointment. No wheelchair. No walker. Just me walking. I have never walked to an appointment with this medical provider... that I recall, anyway.

I almost immediately regretted this announcement. I was crippled with fear. I didn't think I could do it. I tried to change the plan several times. Yesterday, my roommate asked me what my plan was. Could have requested help.

I decided not to though. I decided to trust in the progress I've made over the last few months and see if I could make this happen.

And it did. I walked into the building. I sat for a few minutes to wait for my appointment, but honestly not very long. I had some trouble getting up when the appointment was over because my foot fell asleep, but once I had that handled, I walked to my car. I was in one of the closer rooms TO the door, but not the closest. And it doesn't matter. I walked to my car.

And when I sat down in my car, I cried. I'm finally FINALLY starting to undo some of the damage that I've been doing to myself all of these years. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment