Thursday, June 8, 2023

Progress

Today going into the city was easier than last time. I had in mind what I wanted to eat and my brain didn't bombard me with other ideas. It accepted that we would eat the small, reasonable stuff I planned. We did. It was fine.

There is a great deal of freedom in that, really. It's nice to order what is basically the smallest thing on the menu and know that you're fine with it. You don't need more than that and you don't really want more than that. I didn't feel deprived. 

Aside from just taking the time to educate myself better about the food I'm eating, I think that is the biggest difference I'm experiencing. I'm not deprived when I eat small things. I'm fine when I eat them. Even if whatever I have is very minimal, there are going to be other meals. This is an important lesson for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment