Sunday, October 1, 2023

SAD

I'm starting to feel the twitches of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Today was bright in parts, but even still I felt the urge to cry most of the day. I feel the nervousness kicking in and despite the fact that I have medication to deal with this, it's still messing with me. I'm not sure what to do about it other than sitting under my light. 

My mother used to have a bad case of it every year. They didn't know what it was back then, of course. She would be so much worse during the winter months and then kind of blossom back out as spring hit. During the summer she would be her happiest, only to start closing up again as fall returned. 

We have ways of trying to combat this, but there is only so much we can do. Still, we'll try our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment