Sunday, October 22, 2023

Touching Lives

Someone in one of my fandoms is leaving the fandom for a while. She isn't angry or upset. She still loves the fandom. Now, however, she's started to publish her own writing and it's taking more of her time.  Because of this, she just really can't run the fandom pages that she used to.

People were thanking her for the work she did. I was no different. In fact, she encouraged me to enter an event last year that this year led me to find someone who has become a very good friend. I explained to her how her encouragement helped me to enrich my life in a new way. 

 I know it can sometimes feel risky to encourage people to enter things or to introduce them to new music/shows/fandoms, but just remember that when you do, you could be helping that person find things that make them very happy. In a world full of people who are usually trying to just drag us down, it's so nice to sometimes find those who are willing to actually help us make our lives better. 

If you have to be one or the other, be the person trying to enrich those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment