Monday, April 15, 2024

Exposed

I have now lost enough weight that people outside of my small circle can tell. They can tell by how I move and by just the way I look. They're commenting on it. I know it's to be expected and I know they mean well, but it still makes me feel very exposed.

I'm not upset or offended by any means, but it makes me nervous because part of me still thinks this will stop, that it will go away. I think nothing scares me as much as trying this, it works, and then it completely fails and I end up like I was before. 

Having said that, I went into A Place tonight that, this exact time last year, I had to use my wheelchair to get through. This time, I was able to walk the whole way and not even get that overly winded. I'm very proud about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment