Monday, March 28, 2022

The List of Actions

My therapist gave me this plan of action to do this week. I was supposed to pick three traits and do things to promote those traits. I did it, but instead of just taking three strong points, I took two strong points and one I wanted to dabble with.

Creativity and curiosity were my obvious ones. I also took bravery.

Some of the goals were kind of cheats and maybe a little sketchy. I watched all of Bridgerton because I was curious about the second season.

The brave ones weren't set. The only goal was as follows: Contemplate doing a brave thing. This wasn't supposed to be abstract. It was supposed to be an actual thing that made me nervous. Even if I ended up not doing it, I needed to actively THINK about doing it.

Did I do brave things? I did. I struggled with answering comments on my writing, but I did it. I seriously SERIOUSLY struggled with promoting my writing on one of the JRRT fan pages on Facebook. I thought about this for days and only just did it today.

There are other things I considered and did not too, but I DID consider them. I actively TRIED to be brave, and I think even that is progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment