Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Goodbye My Useful Friend

There is a utility chair in my laundry room. It's been in there for years. It was just this cheap office chair, but very very important for my wellbeing. It's the chair I sit on when I clean out the litter box. It's the chair I sit on when I put on or take off my shoes. It's the chair I sit on when I come into the house or before I go out of it.

All of those things are vital to my mobility. I need a place to rest after being outside. I need a place to sit when I do the other tasks. It's so important I have that. I wish it wasn't, but here we are.

Anyway, as I said, the chair is old. It was cheap. It broke in a way that I can't really fix and I can't use it anymore. 

I'm very sad. I loved this chair. It helped me live my life. It was a daily, very needed part of how I lived my life. Losing the chair makes my heart hurt. I'm just really sad right now.

Oh, and ashamed. I was fat-shamed so much as a kid that even though it's a reasonable assumption that anyone could have broken this chair after this many years of use, I still internalize it as my fatass fault. Now I get to spend hours trying to unravel that. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment