Sunday, August 21, 2022

Writer Questions

Of the fanfic you’ve written, which is your favorite and why?

About Ten Minutes in the Afternoon of Our Discontent, a fic staring Caranthir, Haleth, and a hapless Mablung. It's my favorite because it's one of the first times I let myself write something lighthearted.

What’s your favorite fanfic trope? Have you written it?

Enemies to Friends to Lovers. I love every little path this trope can take. I love it when enemies take out threats to their enemies to keep them alive so they can keep being enemies. I love it when enemies are forced to work together and find mutual respect for one another. I love it when enemies go out of their way to ruin everything their enemy has just to watch them fall apart and despite this they still end up together.

I dance around it a lot in my writing.

Any fic ideas brewing that you’d care to share?

In the Damage Done AU, I have some scenes for Battle of the Lammoth that I've taken extensive notes on because it will be the first time we see the future Lords of Gondolin in action. And also because I guess I enjoy hurting Fingolfin.

Outside of the AU, I have a file called fangyFëanor.

Is there a pairing you would like to write, but haven’t tried yet.

Even though I have alluded to Angbang, I've yet to actually write it. That needs to happen at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment