Monday, December 18, 2023

Trying

My roommate and I had a talk about failure the other day, in terms of things we fail to do as adults but find ways around. Neither of us do the holiday season in a traditional way. We have our small rituals and our own small decorations and they make us happy, but sometimes we wonder if we're failing at being adults because we don't do all the things the adults did when we were little.

I wonder about this as well as I paint my nails. I never do a good job with them. They always look bad. The thing is, I kind of let them look bad because it suits my goblin kind of style. It doesn't change the fact that they are messy though. It just means I'm tailoring my style to suit my limited skills. Is that better or worse?

The thing is, I'm just not sure one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment