Sunday, April 7, 2019

A Bit Up

I've had some stressful days in the last nine months. I've had scary days. I've had days where I was angry.  I've had days where I grieved. I honestly think I didn't feel as just low and defeated as I did driving home the other day.

I injured my foot while I was at a friend's house and I had to basically navigate my way through my time there as best I could. I needed help leaving the house. I couldn't find a comfortable position for my foot while driving (though, at least, it was my non-driving foot). I didn't know how hard it was going to be to get into my house.

But all of that was just background noise to just how defeated I felt. It just seemed there had been one more thing piled on top of all the other things and I just didn't know how I could emotionally deal with it. I just felt like I've been pushing so much through stress just hoping for an ending to it.

I realize this sounds bratty. Or it probably sounds bratty. The point is, I'm better now. I feel less defeated. I managed to get through that day and I've managed to function despite the pain since then. So yeah, I'm emotionally better, even if my foot's still pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment