Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Not in the Cards

There is this pattern going around in my crochet group for a very cute tunic. You have to buy the pattern, but the price is reasonable. And, honestly, that's only for the adult sizes. All of the kid sizes are offered for free.

Even if I bought it, I was going to have to make adjustments and do math before I could make it for myself. One of my cousins is expecting a baby and as the little patterns are free, I thought I'd test the infant one out to see if I could even do this. That way she gets a gift, I get to try the pattern out.

I watched the video over making it a couple of nights ago. It seemed straight forward enough. Last night I practiced on some old yarn to see how it would go. I thought I had the concept down. Today we put my test tunic on the cat (she was not amused) and I thought I knew what I was doing. I pulled out some of the 'good yarn' and thought to myself how great it would be to have this little tunic ready in a couple of days.

Ha.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Okay, first of all, the 'good yarn' turned into a knotted up mess that took me the better part of the evening to unravel. After that, I was kind of over the whole process for a while, so I played Sims until 10.

I thought things were going great until I realized my second row in that I'd somehow twisted the chain and my work was folding in on itself. I just.....I CHECKED THAT CHAIN THREE TIMES. But no.

So I'm kind of over it again. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Or maybe not. Right now I'm just annoyed and think the 'good yarn' is ugly and kind of hate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment