Monday, January 1, 2024

First Day

People didn't post their blankets and other yarn projects like they usually do. Maybe no one finished theirs this year. 2023 was hard on a lot of people. Maybe no one had the spoons to really get through their projects. 

I entered the new year with a lot of trepidation. The first of the year always scares me. I've had a lot of bad things happen during the first few months of the year. Ten years ago, it was when my body decided to try to bleed to death and I found out I had cancer. Other years it was my roommate's health that fell apart. One year it was a tax issue. 

As I said, last year was rough in a lot of ways. I just don't have the spoons for big scary things right now. I don't have the courage to deal with a lot. I need things to be calm and quiet. I need some time to recover from all the things that have been stressing me out for so long. I need a quiet, easy year. I probably won't get that, but it's what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment