Monday, February 25, 2019

Tulsa Trip

I went to the cancer institute today. I'm still free of anything as far as their exam went. We'll see how things go when the labs come back. Hopefully, that will be clear too. I still have one more trip to make this year. Past that, I'll be able to do this with my regular provider.

I'm tired and emotional after the trip, but I don't feel broken into pieces, which is often the case after these appointments. That's because I took steps to keep myself in a better situation. The most important thing I did was take my wheelchair. Being wheeled saved me from the panic stress of the walk, the panic stress of finding a seat in the waiting room, and the panic stress of doing it all over again when I left. In fact, they called me almost as soon as I got up there. Without the chair, I would have been out of breath and in pain when they called me, unable to even think about trying to go back there. As it was, I was able to be taken and things went fine. It helped so much.

People have a lot of opinions about the wheelchair situation, but for me, I know the difference in makes in not only the situations at hand but in how quickly I'll be able to return to my normal level of, well, kind of not much activity, but still. Trust me. The chair helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment