Sunday, June 23, 2019

Goals


It rained yesterday.  The weather cooled down enough for me to finally get decent sleep. When I sleep, there are always issues. For one thing, I wake up stiff. For another, I may have a lot of disturbing dreams.  Last night was no exception.

I dreamed my mother was alive and wanted me to meet her new boyfriend. Like most of the other men she's selected in the past, this one was full of stupid options, arrogance, and lacking a job. I hated him on sight. I was angry with her for choosing him. I was a hellcat to both of them, giving no quarter as I let him know how things would be.

When I woke up, my body flooded with relief because I knew I'd never have to deal with that again. That's a shitty place to be. A good goal in life is to avoid having habits that make people so angry or sad they feel happy to never have to deal with that aspect of you after you die. Surely most of us can manage that.

No comments:

Post a Comment