Saturday, June 13, 2020

Friendship in the Time of Corona

Tomorrow I should have been with my best friend. I planned on it. But then the numbers went up. A lot of them came out of the area where I was on Tuesday. I felt the same kind of fear I felt when this first started. I don't want to make anyone sick. I mean, I don't want to be sick myself either, but I certainly don't want to infect anyone else.

I know a lot of people have decided this isn't A THING anymore, but I just can't. Even though my grandfather had emphysema and he died from complications related to it, those complications came from pneumonia that he got from a flu that he got from ME. In fact, while he was in the hospital dying, I was trying to recover from the flu and it was just all a mess. I hate hate hate thinking about that time and honestly, the idea of that happening again......well, it just can't. It can't.

Even still, I wish I was there tomorrow. I miss her so much. I miss her kids. Hopefully, the spread will start going down again and things can go back to normal. That NEEDS to happen. This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment