Friday, January 29, 2021

Last Weekend in January 2021

It's still weird to write 2021. That seems so far in the future. And yet, here we are. This was a messed up month. People tried to overthrow my country's democratic process and now everyone is acting like it was no big deal. It was a very big deal. Assholes. 

I'm still pretty shut down. Creatively, I can knit ten stitch rows, and honestly, that's about it. I manage to get myself organized for tutoring every week. I have no idea how long this will last. 

So many people I know are still injured or grieving or frightened. Everyone ran out of spoons a long while back and most of us aren't really resupplying. 

In fact, it reminds me of this thing that happens in one of the game modes of Don't Starve Together. When you die, you can instantly come back. However, your health bar is lowered and it never returns. I think that's what happened last year. A lot of people's Spoon Bar was lowered and just will never refill completely. At least, not for a long while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment