Tuesday, October 25, 2022

The Secret House

I dreamed my mother left me a house. In the dream, I was told she had a secret second house that she wanted me to have. The problem was, no one knew its location.

So I searched for the house and all the while, I just felt this intense level of acceptance and recognition. She'd me something. Something that was specifically mine.

When I finally found the house, it was small and cramped, full of rooms that made no sense, just strange angles, more like a collection of poorly thought-out hallways. Every room was full of boxed and trash, all set on 1970s carpet, thick and dirty and dark green.

I needed to use the bathroom and went to look for one. There wasn't a bath'room' so much as another hallway with two stalls against one wall. One stall housed a shower and the other a toilet. The problem was, the toilet was at the bottom of a steep four-foot incline. It was covered in red tiles and slick. I knew if I tried to get down there, it would be impossible for me to get back out.

“This is useless,” I said. “I can't use anything here at all.”

I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment