Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Damage

Today someone (or some group) terrorized two former presidents and a news media outlet. Everything was defused, but it's scary and it makes me angry. Though no one is for sure, more than likely this was domestic terrorism, caused by someone who disagreed with the politics of those sent the packages.

It's sad and more than a little disturbing that people who claim to love this country would do something so fundamentally against the nature of what the USA is supposed to stand for. We are not a nation where people should be settling things with violence and threats. We're a nation where reason, voting, and rationality are supposed to guide us. I realize I'm being idealistic about that, but still.

I'm tired, you know? I was hoping people who settle down and be less awful after they got their Donald elected, but they actually seem worse now.

No comments:

Post a Comment