Sunday, October 21, 2018

Movie Thoughts

We saw Halloween 2018 today. These are some of my thoughts.

  • If you don't plan on putting a decent amount of money into your stairs and railings, it's probably best not to have stairs and railings as cheaply built ones are scary af.
  • People should not antagonize monsters. If they do, they will probably die.
  • I liked this version of Laurie Strode a lot. She wasn't some successful whatever. She was a paranoid recluse who drove everyone out of her life because of PTSD. That seems realistic. 
  • Laurie also reminded me a lot of my mom. Mom never survived a serial killer, but she had the same kind of manic energy.
  • Most people in this movie die and aside from the babysitter, I really don't feel bad about it. 
  • I bet Laurie makes money writing articles for survivalist mags. 
  • Michael probably isn't dead, but it was a very good try. If they ended it with this, I'd feel fine about it. Besides, Michael is getting really old. Any more movies and he'll be chasing people while pushing a walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment