Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Self Correction

I'm not a super great knitter. People keep telling me it isn't a matter of talent, just a matter of practice and I know they're right. I think it's also a matter of me trying to jump ahead and do more complicated stuff than I should before I really master the basics of the craft.

So I'm trying to fix that. I'm going back to the basics because, honestly, I don't even do those right. There is a primary knit stitch and I do it wrong. I'm trying my best to correct this, but my hands are already trained to do it the other way. We'll see if I can make this work.

It's true of crochet as well. I do everything exactly backward of how I should. I'm not sure if I can correct that because I've been doing that wrong since I was like 20.

There may be hope for fixing the knitting though!

No comments:

Post a Comment