Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Issue

This is First World Problems, but whatever. I'm miserable.

I think the biggest drawback to not having an HVAC system is the uncertainty. With a thermostat, you decide what level of air you're willing to deal with and the system does the rest.

With an air conditioner, it feels like I'm always begging or demanding for it to be on. And I get why. Because you have to wait for a while, the way to achieve and level of coolness in the house is to open all the awful, difficult, bitchy windows and doors. And there are a lot of them. The act of turning on the AC isn't a matter of just flipping a switch. It involves closing at least two windows in several rooms. It's a tiring process and when it cools down enough for the AC to go off, the whole thing has to be repeated. So I understand WHY we wait.

It's just there is this place where the heat and humidity get really bad for me. Not bad for everything in the house, but bad for me. I get nauseous and often have abrupt bathroom issues. My body aches and feels like it's full of wasps. My adrenaline kicks in (which seems counterproductive to staying cool) and I'm suddenly panicky and nervous. Agitated.

I'm not writing about this to try to get an HVAC system. I can't. I know I can't. I'm writing about it to try and be rational about the summer weather. Oh and to complain because complaining is why I have the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment