Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Banned Books Week

 I didn't post last night because I was working on a video for Banned Books Week. ALA put out some graphics and I used those as the thrust of what I was talking about, but not all of it.

Reading is an amazing thing. In some ways, it is the BEST thing. Reading can alter everything. The written word has, time and time again, changed society and culture. I suppose it is this power that makes people so interested in limiting what we can read. 

I will always support the free and open exchange of words and ideas. Even if those words and ideas are ones I don't agree with, I still want those concepts to be open. I want people to be free to speak their minds and write what they feel. 

I mean, for one thing, it lets me know who I need to stay far away from!

No comments:

Post a Comment