Saturday, January 22, 2022

Finished

The blanket is finished. It was the first one I started back when I first learned to do ten stitch blankets. I stopped working on it at the end of Spring the year I started it and didn't pick it back up until last winter. In the meantime, I made a completely different blanket. 

The blanket has a lot of flaws. The earlier parts of it look really sloppy compared to the end. Also, the cat puked on it before I finished it, and washing it without all the ends woven in kind of made it weird. 

But that's fine. My therapist wants keeps reminding me that progress is more important than perfection. And I do realize that, of course. Honestly, it's how I finished this blanket at all. I knew it served my life better as a completed project. 

So right now my roommate has the first blanket I ever crocheted and I have the first one I ever knitted. Pretty neat, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment