Friday, January 28, 2022

Pleasantly Surprised

I finally saw Joker. It was a difficult movie to watch, but riveting. I loved it. I felt like he really achieved transformation into the kind of crazy that would be needed to become Joker.

It wasn't canon and wasn't meant to be. I think people get too hung up on canon anyway. Art should evolve. Art should be examined in different ways to reveal new depths to it. It's one of our strengths as a people and to deny that is to deny our creativity. It won't always be to everyone's taste, but it keeps it from stagnating. 

Joker once said to become what he is, it only takes one bad day. The beautiful thing about this movie is how it examines the opposite of that. It looks at how one can also become Joker over a lifetime of hurt and frustration. I think both are valid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment