Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Last Week of the Year

The year is quickly winding down. The holidays are over and things will begin again. Given that 2022 was pretty awful, I would love to say I'm ready for it to begone. The problem is, I've reason to believe this next year will be worse, so, as always, I'm a little bit nervous about it.

What do I want out of the new year? I want my plan to work. I have a plan. I'm not ready to talk about it, but I have one. I want it to work. I want us to be safe. I want us to have good days and better days. I want us to accomplish the rather meager household goals we have. 

I think most of all I just want to live life without trepidation for a while. Things have gotten so scary. We deserve better than scary. I want things to be peaceful and secure and decent. 

Things have been scary for a while now. They need to calm down and let us rest. We, all of us, need rest and restoration. This is all just being too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment