Saturday, January 14, 2023

Journaling about the other Journal

For the first time in my life, I am, voluntarily, keeping a food journal. I figured this was a good idea for my own records and something for my medical provider to see if she wants to.

It's an evolving process. 

At first, I just kept track of my intake, but since constipation is such an issue on this medication, I'm keeping track of my, er, outtake as well. Last night I decided it would be a good idea to jot down something about my mental and physical health as well. This might prove useful in weeks to come when I'm having trouble with various things to see if that was happening at other points. 

Whenever I make my records, I always have an intrusive thought to lie about it, to make things seem less or better or healthier than they truly were. 

This is just dumb, even for an intrusive thought. I would only be lying to myself, after all. Irrational. 

Anyway, it's been good practice for me. I hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment