Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Stress

I've been trying to write this blog post for five minutes. My fingers keep slipping keys or the Caps Lock will get switched on. I'm almost to the point of just giving up.

It doesn't help that the cat is on me. I tried to move her earlier and received a whole new set of cuts for my effort. I know she just wants comfort but sometimes it's just too much. Pro Tip: Even though everyone says pets help with your mental state, that is only if your mental state is good at the time. When you're depressed, pets can feel very oppressive. Because your chemistry is off, you don't feel the happy chemicals they usually give you. You just feel trapped and hot. You focus on the mess they're causing. You get impatient. Try to keep in mind that it's the depression making you feel this way. That's not always so easy.

Some new stressors entered my life today. All of it is manageable (I hope), but I could have done without them. One will end up costing money and time. The other will alter something I've been doing for the majority of my life.

Oh and also, my stomach decided to be evil. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment