Friday, December 27, 2019

Best of the Year 2

Note: Okay my roommate is very sick which means it is possible that I will soon also be very sick. This plan of mine to do the end of the year thing may not work out. Hopefully it will, but we'll see.

Anyway:

The second thing that was really good this year is the fact that I've gotten closer to my dad. This started out as a weekly call in the Fall of 2018 because I was worried about his emotional state after his dad died.

Now I call him about twice a week and we talk for around an hour. He's opened up a lot. I've heard stories from him I've never heard before. I now know more about his life and my family than I ever did. I'm very happy about this.

For a long time, it felt like there was a wall between my dad and me. I think my mom built that wall because she was always good at making people think the other person didn't like them. I should have known better, but it's difficult when it's the person that birthed you who is poisoning the well.

That's changing though. My dad and I are close again. I'm so happy about that. It's a  very good thing that has happened to me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment