Sunday, July 19, 2020

Complexities

There were some aspects of my new keyboard that weren't working and I didn't understand why. Last night I didn't even bother with it because after all the fuckery of the Windows Update from Hell, I just couldn't bring myself to mess with it.

Today, I literally had to watch a video over installing the software. Mind you, if they gotta do a video about the installation, I'm probably not the only human having issues with it. The issue is, the software comes in several downloads. They all connect to each other in a slightly different way. Four of them have to have serial numbers. Three of the serial numbers involve yet another download to access the place to install them. The you have to connect all this stuff together and make it talk to each other.

Right now, I have about 90% percent of it correct. I still have to redo one install because I didn't quite understand what I needed to do, but I think I have that figured out now, so it will be fine.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS, I can now access all my drum kits and actually hear them (even if the program thinks they're being played on generic windows speakers, but that's because of the update fuckery). Anyway, progress!

I mean, I get that I bought myself a rather complicated machine and it's going to take me some time and effort to get to where I'm comfortable with it. I knew that going in. I just didn't realize how complicated just getting everything to talk to each other would be. Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment