Monday, November 23, 2020

Important Moment

Last week I was talking to my dad and we started laughing about something. I teasingly acted like I was upset about it, but I was only joking. I thought he KNEW I was only joking. 

It seems that he thought I was serious and over the weekend, it kind of ate at him that he might have hurt my feelings. When I talked to him this morning, he apologized for the whole thing. It was a little shocking, really. I assured him I was fine and my feelings weren't hurt.

Why is this a big deal? Because my father is the ONLY ADULT PERSON RELATED TO ME who has ever taken account of how his actions may have affected me. It really meant a lot to me that he did that. Like, it seriously made me feel like a person. 

So yes, today was a big deal. Of all the things I am grateful for this year, I am most grateful for the relationship I've cultivated with my father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment