Thursday, April 22, 2021

Sleeping Disfunction

I don't nap every day, but I nap quite often. Today I started thinking about how I enjoy naps more than I enjoy nightly sleeping. I think it has to do with stress.

Let's face it, there is a lot of performance anxiety around sleeping. "Go to bed and get enough sleep or the next day you are doomed." Okay, that's a little dramatic, but you know what I mean. We have a lot of 'go do your duty of sleeping' thrown at us during our lives. We have whole disorders over this.

Aside from my sleep apnea, I don't think I have any serious sleeping disorders. I do have some issues with trying to make myself go to bed at night. My brain is suited better functioning at night and I tend to hate walking away from that. Mostly, however, it IS the performance side of it. Be GOOD AT SLEEP tonight or else. Ugggh.

See, with naps, that pressure isn't there. At least, it isn't for me. Other people may have nap anxiety and if you do, ignore what I just wrote. Nap time for me is wonderful. I may sleep, I may not. I may just lay there in whatever lost in thought thing I happen to want to do. No worries about 'future doom' or anything. It's nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment