Saturday, April 24, 2021

Trying Pesky Things

I love the cats. 

However, today the cats were trying my last nerve. They were jumping on it, leaning into it, knocking stuff over on it. Over and over and over again. I do love the cats but sometimes they try my patience. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really cut out to be around animals. Or people. Or anything. Some days my nerves fray so badly that I just want to scream. Sometimes I do scream. Then I feel guilty. It's not helpful.

I love the cats, but today the cats were too much. But of course, the cats don't speak English so they don't GET that they're too much. They don't understand that they can stand HERE but not HERE and that it's okay to lean on me like THIS but not like THIS and that I want hang with you but not every second I'm awake. 

I mean, I'm sure I get on the cats' collective nerves too. I sometimes get hisses and growls. I sometimes get wiggled away from. That's fine. I get it. We have complicated relationships.

I do, however, continue to love them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment