Thursday, November 25, 2021

A Thanksgiving Miracle

Randomly, the ban on my Sims games was lifted today. I can play again. I'm kinda glad. There is a visualization project I've been working on and I think Sims will help me with seeing what I need to see. 

Aside from that oddness, our holiday was nice. When you have just two people, you have to get creative about what kind of meal you serve on holidays. No one wants to be eating leftovers for days. We limit what we have to just a few things and make small amounts of each. We also have one small pie. We used to try for one for each of us, but that proved to be too much. This is better.

I guess one of the other traditions we've started is that if we miss a dish at the actual holiday, we try to have it sometime around the holiday. A couple of weeks ago I had the green bean dish I love. We'll be making some other things between now and Christmas. I think it's a good way to ensure everyone gets what they want without overwhelming any specific meal. 

Anyway, I'm off to play Sims. 

No comments:

Post a Comment