Monday, November 15, 2021

Communicating

This may come as a shock to some (of my like five readers) but I can get very shy about speaking to people online. In fact, most of the time, I do not speak to people online. I don't want to encourage them. 

Except, well, I've decided sometimes I DO want to encourage people. You can only leave kudos ones on fanfics at the place where I read and sometimes I feel that isn't enough. So, in order to encourage people to keep writing, I've started engaging with the authors. I tell them what I like. I discuss what really made me feel things in the story. When someone shows an insight or a perspective I'd not considered, I just love that and I write about that in the comments. Comments on this site are pretty well monitored and rarely do you see anything negative. Most people are happy to be there. It's like knitting communities in that way. 

And okay this also feeds my ego a little too. I was the only person to figure out what was happening in a certain fic and the author was so happy I did. So...heh. YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment