Friday, July 15, 2022

Life Preservers

Today I drank a cherry limeade slushie. I did so because I knew it was something I used to do quite frequently. I knew it was something that used to make me happy. I needed it, specifically, for that reason.

Don't get me wrong. My home life is fine. I live with a good person who is kind to animals and to me. My needs are, for the most part, met. 

But it is crushingly hot.

And the world is crushingly sucktastic.

And today I found myself running on about the last third of my last emotional spoon. 

To combat this, I decided to do things that made me happy when I was a teenager and the world was less complicated and I had hope for the future.

It worked. I downed my slushie and felt human again.

A lot of people knock the concept of a midlife crisis. I do not. I think sometimes a midlife crisis is the only thing that keeps people alive. 

And right now, with all of THIS going on? We need all the help we can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment