Wednesday, July 6, 2022

This Is My Blood

You know what would have completely helped all of Christianity? If Jesus would have spent half the time here on Earth as a woman. Or maybe, a third of the time he was male, a third she was a woman, a third they were non-binary. 

I think Jesus would have had a much more accurate picture of the world through the eyes of a woman or through the eyes of someone who did not view themselves as either. I think dealing with a period, dealing with the social restrictions, dealing with the harassment and the fear of rape and the daily grind of just being someone who was othered, someone who was treated as less than....I think that would have helped to round out the perspective of the experience. 

I think it would have helped the religions based around Jesus (such as they are) if these people had the teachings of someone with a fuller experience of what it meant to be human. 

Or maybe I'm being too positive here. Maybe they'd still be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment