Monday, May 13, 2019

Criminal

There are some dark things coming out of the various anti-choice bills in various states. One of the darker ones is this idea that women who leave their draconian states to have an abortion in another state will be jailed when they return. This is new.

I mean, it sucked before when women had to leave their states and travel just to get the procedure done. It was expensive and often they had to deal with a waiting period before they could have their abortions, even if they were in some level of danger.  Now they're basically going to have to move.

If you can afford to move, it's probably best to do so. Of course, poor women won't have that option, so pregnancy it is. Even if they die. Even if they were raped. Even if it ruins any chance they had at making their lives better. And trust me, as someone born to a 19 year old mentally unstable addict who did not want me, NO, just getting 'life' is not enough. Living in poverty is hell. Living with people who will never love you is hell.

It sickens me and it terrifies me this is happening. I've never been so profoundly happy my uterus is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment