Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Ottoman Cat

Last year, as I have mentioned before, Tinkerbell decided to forgive me for whatever wrong she thought I caused. Since then, I've gotten the occasional pet session with her. It was nice.

When my roommate got sick back in February, she moved her lounging location to a blanket chest near me. I couldn't pet her without reaching, but she was close to me. Occasionally, she'd jump down and let me pet her.

The last few weeks, since the Spring storms have started, we've seen another change. Now she most often sits on my ottoman with her back pushed ever so gently against my foot. We have a lot of contact now.

I really love this. Tinkerbell has been the slowest any cat has ever taken to warm up to me. I knew it probably had to do with me being a woman and women having hurt her in the past. Now she's allowed me to become one of her people and I'm so grateful for that. I love this cat and see her as a gift every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment