Tuesday, November 12, 2019

So Many Directions

I know a lot of people my age and older loathe the idea of going wireless on everything. I get the motive behind it. It's a matter of not trusting all the tech and not trusting that people won't mess with you.

However, I also see the appeal. Right now I have a heating pad behind me, plugged in. My keyboard and mouse are plugged in. My headphones are wired and I have oxygen tubes in my nose. I'm trailing wires in every direction and it's annoying. I'm guessing it's also rather disquieting to see, but that's another matter. For me, the biggest issue is just all the possible slips and twists and tangling.

I get that some of this will never be wireless. I also accept that going unwired would cause other problems for me. I do tend to drop things a lot and that isn't going to change. At least with a wire attached to whatever fell, I have a reasonably good idea of where it is. All the tangling really gets on my last nerve though.

No comments:

Post a Comment