Thursday, November 21, 2019

Tis the Season

Today we had to be up early and go into the city. Things went well. We even had fun. And yet, at the end of the day, I'm emotionally shaky and troubled. Thankfully, I know why. This is my first day of the year to really feel the Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD).

My roommate noticed he was going through this a few years ago and did some research. It's actually quite common when the seasons get darker. We try our best to stay aware of it, especially when we know there is no actual cause for whatever whacky emotions happen to be going on.

I think SAD is especially frustrating for people who already take meds for depression. It makes you feel like your meds aren't working when really the SAD has more to do with light levels than the usual chemicals.

So if you find yourself sad for no reason you can determine right now, do some research on SAD. That might be the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment