Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Lookit 2020 Finally Catching up to Me

 So..........

The Car Thing was only supposed to be, at most, an hour and a half of labor. We opted to just run errands instead of going home. Seemed practical. 

The car's appointment was at 1 PM. We got home, finally, about ten til five. While at the shop, even though this was just the replacement of a door handle, the car's battery had to be jumped three times. They didn't tell us about that until this morning.

More on that further down.

Also when we picked up the car a the shop:

1. The Low Tire was on. While there (and while I had a panic attack because I knew this was going to keep going bad), my roommate (the hero of this story) had them check the tires and air them. They were a little low.

2. None of my dash information was showing up. I couldn't tell how much gas I had or the temp or anything like that. My roommate (still the hero) knows this trick to make that stuff start working again involving magnets. He did that and everything seemed fine.

It was not fine.

This morning he goes to start the car for me and the battery is dead. So I call the mechanic and they kind of casually let it drop that they had to jump the car three times yesterday. So they come and pick it up. It's still there. 

You know, the other night, I was a little panicky about the appointment. I kept trying to tell myself it was FINE and everything was going to be FINE and I was being emotional about nothing. Current Me would like to apologize to Past Panic Me on behalf of Past Everything is Fine Me who clearly knows nothing.

Sigh. 

I had plans today. I have plans tomorrow. This is bullshit. My roommate is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment