Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Good Things

I started this post by thinking I only did two things this year that improve my life. Then I remembered another. Then another. Then more. Quite honestly, despite the hell of 2020. I did a lot of stuff that has made my life better.

I started folding my clothes. For most of my life, I just haphazardly folded my stuff, if at all. I'd say a lot of the time, my stuff just stated in the Clean basket. Now I fold my clothes and it makes things so much better. Admittedly, I'm not as prompt about folding them as I should be. They often sit in the hallway for a bit before being folded, but they do, eventually, get folded and then put in drawers. 

Folding my clothes led to a general reorganization of my room. I culled a lot of stuff I didn't need. I cleaned things. I situated the closet and moved things to where the stuff I need the most is closest to me. 

I bought a new mattress and replaced all my pillowcases. This has made my bed an enjoyable and comfortable sleeping experience.

I have made things around me more beautiful. I got new knobs for my dresser. I put up curtains. I placed pretty things on my bookshelf and situated the books in a way that pleases me. I bought cute baskets and bottles. I made pompoms and a pillow sham. 

I started doing videos. I've written a lot about that. I'm taking a bit of time off from it while I try to ride out the end of the year, but I've loved the process of learning how to edit and produce my own videos. 

I bought a lightbox to combat my SAD. I think it's working too. I'm sleeping better and the brainwasps aren't as horrible. 

I started a monthly subscription for sheetmasks. I get four a month. It gives me something to look forward to, it helps to heal my skin, and it's not something just piling up in the house. 

I now own car slippers.  THAT'S RIGHT, people. I have comfortable slippers I wear while I'm in the car. They made the trip to Tulsa so much easier. They make all trips where I'm riding shotgun easier. They're warm and comfortable and perfect. 

So, you know, I'm not going to leave this year thinking I did nothing for my life. I did quite a few things that have made things much better for me. Some of them were simple. Some of them were time-consuming. Some of them require me to up my dedication to them a bit more. But still. They are things I did. I'm glad I did them. I'm thankful to the people who helped me do them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment