Friday, February 19, 2021

Melting

The water issue continues to be a Thing. This morning it sounded like things were okay, but also part of the line between our water source and our water tanks is broken so we're having trouble maintaining water levels. 

It's concerning tonight, but less concerning than it was last night. Even if we did run out of water, it would be closer to 5 AM and closer to being above freezing. We weren't above freezing today until around 1 PM. And honestly, that was the first time we were above freezing since last Saturday.

Things are improving. When I woke up this morning, I still couldn't see the street beside our house, but by evening, it was clear. The street in front of the house still has snow, but maybe by tomorrow or Sunday, that will be gone as well. 

We went shopping today. I penguin-walked to the car and mostly did okay driving my roommate to the stores. It was difficult to find stuff, but he managed. I'm a complete snow-weenus, so I was mostly scared the whole time. I have to admit though, it felt good to get out. It felt a little normal. Honestly, any bit of normal routine that we can get right now should be savored. Things are just such chaos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment