Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Oddities

In my various gifts for Christmas, I received some bags of used yarn from my stepmom. One bag also had some knitting needles and a small book in it as well. I've decided, as to not make Ye Elder God of Yarn Stash even larger, I'll be using the Stepmom Yarn before anything else. That way Yarn Stash officially stays the same size.

Some of this yarn is just going into the next rounds of the stash-busting blanket. Some of it is really nice though and I think I'll make it into some hats. I still need to do the hat with bells. 

Some of it though.........

Okay, admittedly, my yarn exposure is not massive. I've tended to purchase only what involved a project for someone else (usually baby blankets) and some various bits for myself, but given that I still basically suck at this, I never buy anything uncommon or expensive. And I do not think this stuff was expensive. It's just....strange. 

I made a trivet out of one ball of it. It's big enough to basically handle my teacup or any hot bowl I might need to handle. I tried to make a bracelet out of some of it but that turned out ugly so I may try to unwind that and....maybe another trivet?

The rest of it is in fall colors so I'm combining all of them to make a skinny fall scarf. So far it's pretty, if, yeah, still odd. The really good thing about this stuff is that it knits quickly so I should be finished with the scarf tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment