Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Heroes And the Lack Of

Content Warning: Discussion of Child Abuse/Rape

Sometimes I wonder if I think about the fact that Marion Zimmer Bradley raped children and helped her husband do the same thing. Every time I think about it, it just makes me feel sick and disgusted and honestly betrayed. 

Today I found out that David and Leigh Eddings had abused foster children during the 1970s. They spent a year in jail after it was discovered that their foster son was being kept in a basement, in the dark, and severely beaten.

What the fuck was my childhood? 

I mean, I was abused. I was neglected. I was treated like shit and ALL THREE OF THE MAJOR WRITERS who were my escape from this had done the same thing to other children.  ALL THREE!

What the fuck is wrong with people? Look. The first impulse that you have to harm a child is THE MOMENT you make the decision to stay as far away from them as possible. You're an adult. If you feel the desire to do things to children, get away from them. Never go near them again. 

If they're your children, make arrangements for someone else to take them. If they're not your children just stay the hell away. All you have to do is NOTHING.


No comments:

Post a Comment