Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Pacing Ourselves

We had some plans this week but it doesn't look like they'll happen. It's supposed to be pouring rain tomorrow, possibly flooding. There is no point in taking extra risks or making ourselves uncomfortable. Things will happen when they can.

My hand has been hurting for the last few hours. I had no idea why until I remembered I'd tried to do some stuff with my exercise band last night. It's frustrating but fine. Trying to reintroduce my body to physical activity will be A PROCESS and I know this. There will be some trial and error and pain.

One of the keys to my life right now is that I have to be patient. The meds are amazing, but the results are slow. They build over time, but I need to remember that what took years to put onto my body will take years to remove. Like the plans, like the new physical activity, I just need to realize that all of it will happen in time. I'm doing what I can. Hopefully, that will be enough to find me in a better situation 5 years from now.


No comments:

Post a Comment