Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend in Review

I had a really good weekend. It was a nice blending of productive, leisure, and sweetness. Honestly, I think this is the best things can be.

The roommate and I took a somewhat break from cleaning on Saturday, but picked things back up today. He's found this new cleaning spray that is two parts magic to one part evil, and manages to even get through all the nasty that a kitchen with no vent can create. Things are looking more lovely by the day. I also decided what my nephew would be getting for his birthday. I did this planning a full month in advance!

We watched our cartoons and some movies. We had a long conversation about a game we play and how we're both kind of annoyed with it.  I finished a book and felt deep and abiding happiness in the ending of it.  It's so good to find authors who live up to what they should be writing.

The best part of the weekend had to do with weather and cats. It's been cold and rainy, making the days overcast and dark.  As you all know, I love this to pieces.  The return of the cold has made the cats all friendly and cuddly as well. Alice spent most of the last two nights on my roomie, either sleeping or looking up adoringly at him.  I still think it's cool how much that can loves him.  As for me, At any given time, I had at least one of the other three cats on me. Ahh, bliss.

The only downside to the weekend was that we lost a member of the family.  My oxygen machine started screeching at me and flashing red lights.  These are warning signs of soon death.  I called the company and they sent over a replacement. I thanked the machine for three years of loyal service and felt sad when it left the house.  The new one is smaller and very quiet. As of yet, it is unnamed.

Oh yes .  . . this weekend also brought the return of the dreaded Daylight Savings Time, a cursed created due to the deep evil done by all creatures. It plagues us. It burns!

Aside from that, it was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment